The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) has announced the members of its 2020-2021 Executive Committee. The committee is responsible for developing and maintaining the technology transfer activities related to cold-formed steel design through seminars, webinars and the publication of Technical Notes. Committee members serve for three years.
The 2020-2021 CFSEI Executive Committee includes:
- Chair: Andrew Newland, P.E., ADTEK Engineers Inc., Virginia
- Vice Chair: Daniel Stadig, P.E., The Leffler Group, Colorado
- Immediate Past Chairman (non-voting): Julie Lowrey, P.E., Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, Florida
- Committee Members:
- Dana Hennis, P.E., S.E., Lochsa Engineering, Idaho
- Patrick M. Hainault, P.E., raSmith, Wisconsin
- Kara Peterman, Ph.D., University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Brandon Wahl, P.E., 360 Engineering Group, Oklahoma
- Kirsten Zeydel, S.E., Digital Building Components, Arizona
- Georgi Hall, P.E., CEMCO, California
“We appreciate the contributions made by Paul Dalia, P.E. from 5400 Engineering in Florida; Nate Bacon, P.E. from Base Design Group, Inc. in Maine; and Matthew Mancl, P.E. from ClarkDietrich Engineering Services LLC in Indiana, who are completing their terms but will remain active with CFSEI,” said Robert Wills, P.E., managing director of the Cold-Formed
Steel Engineers Institute. “We welcome Dana Hennis, Patrick Hainault and Kara Peterman as our newest members. In addition, we look forward to working with our new chairperson, Andrew Newland, and the rest of our dedicated committee members to advance best practices and increase the use of cold-formed steel framing in the building construction marketplace.”
The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute comprises hundreds of structural engineers and other design professionals who are finding a better way to produce safe and efficient designs for commercial and residential structures with cold-formed steel. CFSEI members work together to develop and evolve industry standards and design methods, produce and issue technical bulletins, and provide seminars and online training to improve the knowledge and skills base of engineers and design professionals. For more information, visit https://www.cfsei.org/.